How Businesses Benefit from Blogs
You may have noticed that more and more of your favorite brands and businesses have taken up blogging, with 40% of all U.S. companies starting their own blog. You may have also wondered why so many businesses are blogging. Does blogging really add that much value for a business to dedicate time to weekly posts? The short answer, is yes, blogging has a huge impact on the reputation of your business online and numerous benefits for any type of brand. Here are the top six ways blogging can benefit your business:
1. Create An Online Community. A blog can be a place for your business to receive questions from interested individuals, allowing you to enhance the discussion between your business and your consumers. Creating a well-run blog also creates an online community of invested users who participate in the conversation about your brand and become advocates in both the online and offline spheres.
2. Integrate Blog Content into Sales Approach. Attract more qualified clients who are interested in your brand by using your blog as a promotional tool to sell your company and to tell consumers why they should invest in your products or services.
3. Become A Trusted Leader in Your Industry. Starting a blog and providing helpful, useful information to consumers about your field is an easy and effective way to become the go-to source for information related to your industry. As a trusted source, your business can gain confidence from consumers, which will ultimately lead to more business and an enhanced reputation online.
4. Increase Your Sales. According to a study from HubSpot, 56 percent of businesses that blogged only once a month attained new leads through their blogs. A blog can be used as a funnel to quickly draw users throughout the buying process, from awareness, to interest, to conversion.
5. Gain More Traffic to Your Website. Using specific keywords in the headline, content and alternate text for images will optimize your blog for search engines. Enhanced SEO from blog posts will lead more readers to your site.
6. Target Your Demographic. Reach your targeted audience with ease by creating content that is tailored to their interests and needs, based on your industry expertise. Write content that is specific and relevant to your business niche.
For more blogging expertise and tips on how starting a blog could advance your business, check out these informative and helpful articles.
- Social Media Examiner – 5 Reasons Your Business Should Be Blogging
- Fox Small Business – Why Every Business Needs a Blog
- Forbes – Three Hidden Benefits of Blogging for Marketers