Advertising & Branding With Instagram
Over the last five years, Instagram has been acquired by Facebook for approximately $1 billion, rolled out advertising capabilities and created a community of more than 300 million users. As one of the largest social media platforms in the world, taking advantage of Instagram for your advertising and branding needs is a no brainer. Here are some tips for both Instagram rookies and photo enthusiasts.
Overarching Instagram Tips:
- What are you trying to accomplish? Narrow in on the goals you wish to achieve using Instagram and how those goals will fit into your overall marking strategy.
- Identify a theme. Create a well-round content calendar that will best convey your selected goals and related theme with eye-capturing imagery and short stories.
- Create quality visuals. Take your time when capturing images and videos to use on your Instagram page. Use your creative team to help develop these visuals; if you don’t have a creative team, checkout these top brands to help generate some ideas.
- Account – Create a username connected to your brand. Make it simple; do not use numbers to replace letters or spelling that could possibly confuse your followers.
- Profile – Establish a profile photo, such as your company’s logo or best selling product, write a short bio that identifies your brand or company, and add a link to your website.
- Text – Add captions to your images that are short and catchy. This is what describes and sells your business! Take advantage of location tracking, hashtags, and tagging people in photos.
- Engagement – Engage with your audience by commenting on both your and your followers’ photos and liking photos that relate to your brand. Follow businesses in your area, potential and current clients, and competitors to see how to differentiate your business from other accounts.
- Filters – Use Instagram’s 20+ filters to enhance your images and videos. Remember, this is for professional – not personal – use. Keep images clear and focused.
If you have other great ideas, please share them in the comments below, or email them to us and we’ll post them here for the benefit of the community.