Lucid Agency is expanding rapidly and is looking for a full-time Senior Technologist to join our team. We are requiring at least a few years of solid web development experience, plus expertise in a “technology lead” role as a manager, consultant or similar position. In addition, you should be comfortable assessing, developing strategy and overseeing technology solution implementation including websites, mobile apps, landing pages, email templates, marketing automation, etc.
Specific experience should include programming, development methodologies, demonstrated career growth, and experience administering IT operations. Successful candidates must be self-motivated, organized, flexible, have strong attention to detail, and possess the ability to complete tasks and solve problems in an efficient and timely manner.
How do you know if you are the right person to apply? You’ve lead a team doing technical work, you conceptually understand anything and everything technology, and when there is a tech issue, you are always the “go-to” person to figure out the solution.
- Build, manage, and lead an in-house and remote development individuals and teams
- Demonstrate technical expertise in a consultative capacity – this both an internal and client-facing role
- Work across functions and with our clients to architect and execute sound solutions
- Establish a strategic vision for the technology department
- Lead the technical direction of the agency for large-scale digital marketing and enterprise engagements
- Own the product development lifecycle
- Provide project-specific architecture and guidance
- Develop technical products and services
- Translate client goals and problems into actionable technical specs
- Establish code standards and perform code reviews to validate quality and quantity of development work
- Configure development environments
- Lead tagging strategy, governance and execution
- Develop and implement QA process
- Develop efficient deployment processes
- Manage project schedules and technical team resources
- Scope technical projects
- SSL Installation and Configuration experience and conceptual understanding
- Identify and mitigate technical risk
- Maintain expert knowledge of new technology in order to recommend optimal solutions for clients
- Support test-driven development
- Manage external IT software and vendors
- Manage technology infrastructure
- Develop and review IT budget
- Manage technical staffing
The ideal candidate:
- Multi-platform experience
- PHP and WordPress
- Java, C#, .NET, etc.
- Linux server
- AWS services
- Responsive application/mobile development
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT, Software Engineering, Web Development or related field, or work experience equivalent
- Ability to communicate clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Knowledge of a broad range of technology solutions and deep understanding of integration best practices
- Strong business acumen, with the ability to work effectively with senior leaders and other internal or external stakeholders
- Knowledgeable in DevOps concepts
- Strong analytical mindset and ability to interpret data to make recommendations
- Project management experience
- Proven experience leading a team
- Agency or consulting experience preferred
- Ability to think creatively, strategically, and identify and resolve problems autonomously
- Excellent writing and grammatical skills; articulate when speaking
- Highly organized with an ability to always hit deadlines for assigned work
- A very strong work ethic and ability to deal with the frequently changing workload including varied projects and fast-paced situations associated with an advertising and marketing agency
- Familiarity with AI/Machine Learning is a plus
About Lucid Agency
Lucid Agency focuses on delivering the absolute highest quality digital marketing and technology solutions to results-driven organizations. We are a collaborative team of problem solvers comprised of passionate, forward-thinking individuals on a mission to do right by our clients. We’ve been ranked in the top of “best places to work in Phoenix” for four years because we value our employees and strive for a strong work-life balance. If you see the value of a team-based environment where being motivated by and learning from your colleagues is a daily occurrence, then Lucid Agency may be for you. Join our fast-paced, expanding team in our Tempe and Chicago offices.
Location and Hours: We value the power of teamwork, so this position would require you to work in our office in Downtown Tempe (off Mill Avenue) during standard business hours.
Compensation: Compensation will be a competitive salary based on your past experience and what you can bring to the table. Other benefits include paid health insurance, 401k, flexible paid vacation and sick days, short- and long-term disability plans, the ability to work remotely on Fridays, a great team, a fully stocked bar cart and cold beer in the fridge, plus much more.
- If you are applying from outside the Phoenix area, please outline your relocation plans and your availability to interview locally. All applications will be handled with discretion and confidentiality. Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
- We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
So, you’ve read all this and you think you are the perfect candidate for this position? You’ve got what it takes and are ready to kick butt? Click “Apply Now” below and tell us why.