Business Development & Proposal Manager (Full-Time)
We’re currently looking for a full-time Business Development & Proposal Manager with 5+ years of marketing and digital strategy development experience to work in our Tempe office. This is a strategic and executional role that will own the pitch and proposal response lifecycle from start to finish. Working closely with our VP of Business Development, you’ll coordinate with subject matter experts throughout our agency in the preparation of presentations to help our agency win new business.
This position calls for a collaborative and capable digital marketing professional with exceptional interpersonal communication, writing, editing and project management skills. The preferred candidate is proactive, solution-oriented and is comfortable working in a deadline-driven environment.
Here’s what you need to know before applying for this position:
- Write, edit and format all proposal deliverables
- Lead the entire proposal process ensuring that every member of the proposal team know what is expected of them and when tasks are due
- Collaborate with strategic leaders to architect a cohesive digital strategy that accomplishes the goals and objectives outlined by the prospective client
- Identify all graphic design needs and engage appropriate design resources in a timely manner
- Compile and organize information, establish quality control, and ensure on-time delivery for all proposals
- When necessary, gather market intelligence, conduct audience analyses, assess client/project needs, analyze customer sentiment, and/or develop key messaging voice and tone
- Oversee production and on-time electronic and/or hardcopy delivery to clients
- Field and respond to new business inquiries (via the website and phone), vet prospects and schedule business development meetings.
- Organize and lead kick-off calls, determine response requirements, and assign responsibilities to cross functional partners
- Provide additional support to the VP of Business Development as needed
The ideal candidate:
- B.A. in Marketing, Communications, or related discipline
- 5+ years experience in marketing and digital strategy development. Graphic design experience would be extremely helpful in this role.
- Fantastic written and verbal communication, presentation, editing, and proofreading skills
- Highly organized, able to multi-task and work well under pressure to meet deadlines while maintaining a high attention to detail
- Ability to translate complex concepts and ideas into clear communications
- Excellent inter-personal and customer service skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit and thrives in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment
- Strategic problem solver who thinks outside the box
- Results-oriented individual who can recommend and execute solutions
- An exceptional work ethic and the willingness to go above and beyond to get the job done while maintaining a supportive, empowering and positive attitude.
- Takes initiative to innovate and solve problems without direct supervision and/or direction
- Direct experience producing and managing RFI/RFP in a professional services environment, preferably for a digital marketing agency, a plus
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office product suite. Photoshop, InDesign and other graphic design skills are a plus
- Familiarity with HubSpot Sales CRM and Proposify are a plus
- HubSpot Inbound, Google Analytics, Google ads certifications are a plus
About Lucid Agency
Lucid Agency focuses on delivering the absolute highest quality digital marketing and technology solutions to results-driven organizations. We are a collaborative team of problem solvers comprised of passionate, forward-thinking individuals on a mission to do right by our clients. We’ve been ranked in the top of “best places to work in Phoenix” for four years because we value our employees and strive for a strong work-life balance. If you see the value of a team-based environment where being motivated by and learning from your colleagues is a daily occurrence, then Lucid Agency may be for you. Join our fast-paced, expanding team in our Tempe and Chicago offices.
Location and Hours: We value the power of teamwork, so this position would require you to work in our office in Downtown Tempe (off Mill Avenue) during standard business hours.
Compensation: Compensation will be a competitive salary based on your past experience and what you can bring to the table. Other benefits include paid health insurance, 401k, flexible paid vacation and sick days, short- and long-term disability plans, the ability to work remotely on Fridays, a great team, a fully stocked bar cart and cold beer in the fridge, plus much more.
- If you are applying from outside the Phoenix area, please outline your relocation plans and your availability to interview locally. All applications will be handled with discretion and confidentiality. Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
- We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
So, you’ve read all this and you think you are the perfect candidate for this position? You’ve got what it takes and are ready to kick butt? Click “Apply Now” below and tell us why.